Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back in the Saddle

This is not my first rodeo.

I have never really understood that expression, but today it seems fitting. That is, if rodeo translates into blog. This is not my first blog. I loved my old blog. I still do. It was perfect. Perfect in my eyes. I loved the look, the labels, the color. Everything. Love love love. It took me a long, long time to write the final chapter on that blog. It was sort of a limping, petering finish wrought with indecision. Even more indecision came when beginning this blog. I went back daily to my other one thinking I should just remain faithful…work through the issues. But in the end, I just felt like I needed a change. It felt too perfect. I needed a little mess. A little less polishing, a little less editing and a little more just sharing from the reality of who I am. I needed something a little more representative of the changes that I feel have been happening in my life in the last couple of years. So here I am. Tentatively starting again. Hesitantly inviting you back to join me. Hoping that you will like the messier version of me instead of the polished. The reality of this attempt in candour IS my first rodeo. And I am hoping that I won’t fall off the horse. Or be chased by a bull. Or rodeo clowns.

Seriously - who came up with this expression?

7 comments:

Becky said...

Huh. How do you have zero comments on both of these posts?

I could have sworn I commented on both of them. Maybe there's something wrong with your blog.

Or maybe I didn't comment, somehow, and no one else did because this is just a decoy blog to keep me from finding your real blog.

That's not very nice.

Becky said...

Or maybe you're deleting my comments to make me think I'm going insane...

Shirley said...

Aw Thanks man. You know I can't write another post until I get a comment on the current one. And seeing as how you are the only one currently with this address, it's all up to you. I know you wont let me down.

I think I will go out yonder and wrestle you up some help. (I hope you read that last sentence with the western drawl I have in my head. Just in keeping with the rodeo theme here.)

Sonya said...

Glad to have you "back" Shirley. I missed you in blog land. None of us are perfect (Which is why I was busy filing papers from 2009 from a scattered pile on my office floor...oops).
I like your new blog - very fresh. :)

Anonymous said...

Love & appreciate you sharing your inner most thoughts & feelings. Something about my generation that keeps me from baring my soul on my blog. I'll keep working on that aspect of my life. Enjoyed your bucket list - those are all so doable. Gives me some ideas for mine.
L from W
For some reason, it won't let me sign in under my Google Acc.

suzannah | the smitten word said...

to candor and rodeos.

blessings on the new journey:)

Sandra Knight said...

how could i not know about this blog?