In keeping with my theme of fresh starts, and open sharing, I thought some (100 to be exact) random facts about me might be in order. I am calling this 100 Things you didn't know you wanted to know about me or 1oo Things that Will Not Enrich Your Life. (Just advanced warning.) Enjoy.
1. I live just outside of Gimli, MB in Cottage country. On a windy day I can sit on my deck and listen to the crashing waves of Lake Winnipeg. I love that sound.
2. I LOVE where we live. LOVE. If it were up to me, I would already be in my retirement home.
3. I hope it’s up to me.
4. I turned 38 this year. It felt surreal.
5. I told 3 people in all seriousness that I couldn’t believe I was turning 28. THREE PEOPLE.
6. Harv and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in July. We took to trip to PEI as a reward for making it this far.
7. I happen to think I really lucked out in the husband department.
8. My little Sam is turning 2 in March. I can’t get my mind around that. He has filled my life with amazing fullness and joy. And tiredness. I love that little blondie.
9. I don't want to brag, but I think that kid is exceptionally cute.
1. I live just outside of Gimli, MB in Cottage country. On a windy day I can sit on my deck and listen to the crashing waves of Lake Winnipeg. I love that sound.
2. I LOVE where we live. LOVE. If it were up to me, I would already be in my retirement home.
3. I hope it’s up to me.
4. I turned 38 this year. It felt surreal.
5. I told 3 people in all seriousness that I couldn’t believe I was turning 28. THREE PEOPLE.
6. Harv and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in July. We took to trip to PEI as a reward for making it this far.
7. I happen to think I really lucked out in the husband department.
8. My little Sam is turning 2 in March. I can’t get my mind around that. He has filled my life with amazing fullness and joy. And tiredness. I love that little blondie.
9. I don't want to brag, but I think that kid is exceptionally cute.
11. I am trying to recover from perfectionism. I have a looong way to go.
12. I love TV. The Mennonite in me wants to hide that fact. But the real and honest me has embraced my love of television.
13. I believe a lot of people in the world love TV more than they would care to admit.
14. I have a dedicated office/craft room that is the most glorious shade of purple. It is my happy place.
15. I am addicted to pulling out my grey hair. My hairdresser told me to stop, but I just can’t help myself. I may be bald by the time I reach 50.
16. With the exception of life with Harv and Sam, my four years at Millar were the best, most growth filled years of my life.
17. I took half a year of bass guitar lessons. I hope to one day master this instrument.
18. I am not good at practice. For anything. I want to be instantly good without practice.
19. Harv taught me everything I know about Politics.
20. I love Stephen Harper. And not just because he is the only one I know that can pull off a sweater vest.
21. 98% of the time when I type my name I hit a T instead of an R. If I happen to forget to spellcheck next time I am writing to you…sorry.
22. I wish I could have a haircut that I didn’t have to style, but that wouldn’t make me look like a boy.
23. My personal grooming has hit an all-time low after the birth of my Sam.
24. I question so many things about God. But I have this deep intense faith that will not let go, even in my questioning.
25. Fall is my absolute favorite season.
26. I make amazing salsa.
27. I faked liking sports when I was dating Harv.
28. I actually hate them.
29. Harv is still glad he married me.
30. He faked liking country music and board games.
31. I am still glad I married him.
32. But I sure do miss board games.
33. I could spend all day in Chapters.
34. I hate email forwards. I NEVER read them. No matter how touching you think they are.
35. I love Kit Kat bars. Once they came out in Kit Kat Bites form, it became a full blown addiction.
36. Speaking of addiction... Two words - Ice. Cream.
37. I am seeking help.
38. I LOVE anything related to plants, gardening and yard work. I am a total green thumb.
39. The people who lived here before us did NOT have a green thumb. There is not a single plant, shrub, bush or flowerbed on this yard. Not one.
40. I have a LOT of happy work ahead of me.
41. I believe the PVR was the greatest invention since the light bulb. I can never return to normal television viewing. Never.
42. My favorite restaurant is Boston Pizza. I have a lot of good memories from that restaurant. I could eat there every day.
43. Someday I am going on a cruise.
44. I secretly hope that Captain Stubbing and the Love Boat crew are there to greet me.
45. My best job was working as product researcher for the Briercrest Bookstore. I spent all day on the Internet finding obscure products that people couldn’t live without. I loved that job. I once found book #3 in an old Hardy boys series. All I had to go on was something like, There was this book in a mystery series where Frank has an accident in the very first chapter. Finding that was one of my proudest moments. And that was before the days of Wikipedia.
46. My worst job was picking rocks all day alone in my Dad’s fields. (Is that even legal? It sounds like something they write sad documentaries about featuring underage children forced into slave labour in adverse conditions.)(Now before you go calling Dateline, I was paid for this job.)
47. One of my favorite things to do is folding Sam’s clothes. It makes me so happy.
48. I have watched every single episode of Grey’s Anatomy except one.
49. I took one night off to give birth to Sam.
50. I know. It is a little...inappropriate. But it is still my favorite show.
51. I have an extreme EXTREME mouse phobia.
52. It began as a child as a result of a scene on Little House on the Prairie where Pa wakes up in the middle of the night to find a mouse chewing on his hair. That is enough to traumatize any child.
53. The mere THOUGHT of it makes me dry heave. *shudder
54. I told Harv that if we ever had a mouse in this house I would have to move out because the home had been compromised. He didn’t seem to think I was serious.
55. We own a cat because of my fear of mice.
56. I have a love/hate relationship with our cat.
57. Before we had Sam I loved her, and now I hate her.
58. I have been known to be a little fickle.
59. I worked on the renovation crew the turned the Portage Woolco into a Wal-Mart.
60. I hate talking on the phone.
61. I love my call display a little more than I should.
62. I have a Dad that will frown upon #61.
63. My favorite movies are a tossup between You Got Mail, Armageddon and Runaway Bride. But actually I have so many favorite movies that it is hard to narrow it down.
64. I feel closest to God when out in nature. Or sitting at a piano.
65. I love flowers. LOVE. Tulips are my favorite. And lilacs. And roses. And gerbera daisies.
66. I am a complete night owl. I come alive after 11:00pm.
67. I own an unbelievable amount of baskets.
68. I wish we could wear sandals all year round.
69. I hate shoe shopping. Almost as much as I hate bra shopping.
70. I LOVE paper. And color. And beauty. And anything that I can create.
71. One afternoon, inflicted with sheer exhaustion from a summer of camp counselling, I drove the wrong way down the street. I didn’t understand why cars were heading straight towards me. I drove through the ditch to correct the error of my tired ways. I never told anyone.
72. I have the oh-so-wonderful Adobe Photoshop on my computer. I never use it. I don’t know how. It is a sad waste. I need someone to teach me.
73. I love cookbooks WAY MORE than I love cooking.
74. I am an obsessive list maker.
75. Harv and I started dating in the fall. This further cemented Fall as my favorite season.
76. He had me sing on his worship team. Before long I was hooked.
77. I always had a thing for guys and guitars.
78. My first car was a red Corsica.
79. My second car was a blue Corsica.
80. I really liked Corsica’s.
81. Until it broke down on St. Mary’s and Bishop Grandin in rush hour. Then again on Henderson Hwy in rush hour. And yet again on Route 90 in rush hour.
82. I no longer really like Corsica’s.
83. I started carrying a purse for the first time in my life last year.
84. I own all 10 seasons of Friends.
85. I LOVE anything crafty. Anything. Except those yarn covered hangers. Oh please future retirement home, do not make me sit all afternoon making those yarn covered hangers.
86. I started Watercolor painting classes last year. I love it.
87. I hate any seafood of any kind. Sorry Grandpa.
88. I forced myself to eat some fish in PEI last spring, just for the principal of it all.
89. I am quite the germaphobe.
90. I am not a good housekeeper.
91. That means I have no problem with my own germs, just yours.
92. I avoid all public bathrooms if at all possible. And sometimes even if it is not possible.
93. My idea of a perfect date is dinner, theatre and a walk in the park. Holding hands of course.
94. I spent one month in the hospital before I had Sam. I tried every day to be sent home. Now I wonder if I could go back…just for a day or two. Just for some sleep.
95. I deeply regret giving up our fish tank when we moved from Yorkton. Those were amazing, beautiful, fish. The fish tank cracked on the way. They wouldn’t have made the journey.
96. I don’t wear second hand clothing. *she says with a shameful little… “ick” and a shudder. (Please refer to #91)
97. Neither does Sam. (Unless I know who owned them.) Sorry Mom.
98. I am embracing a new love of photography. I don’t know why I didn’t think to try it years ago.
99. If I could have one wish I would plan a girl’s day out with my girls, Tia and Amy. It would include shopping, the spa, and Baked Expectations. It would be followed by an evening of Dutch blitz and Dixie Chicks. I could cry just thinking about it. Happy, happy memories tied up in those girls.
100. I obsess over small things. Like making the last point a real doosie. And actually…I got nothin’. Shirley out. (There goes the t instead of the r again. I’m not kidding…)
10 comments:
Great list!
I'm currently working on my own list of 100. Which has a lot of similarities to yours. No wonder I like you so much. ;)
But I do think you should embrace second hand clothes. There's a lot of gems out there! Lol!
I didn't make it through it all. I got to the cruise part.
If you go on a cruise... Can I come? Don't you think a girl cruise would be FANTASTIC? Although, I was looking at this picture frame at Walmart two days ago. And it had a picture of a cruise ship on it. And I just stood and stared at it for a long time, and imagined taking the kids on a cruise. Wouldn't a boat like that blow Ben and Sam's minds???
Today I was googling cruise ship images. No joke. I was. It started because I was googling White's gentleman's club in London. (From a book I'm reading.) And then I googled "ships 1800's" and looked at pictures of ships so I could see what kind of boat Sabrina (from the book) was riding on, and got totally sidetracked looking at pictures of cruise ship decks.
So, if you go can I come?
I'll go read the rest now.
No, I'll save it for tomorrow. I need to send you a link on facebook.
Oh that red "hand me around" Corsica. Lord there were serious miles and memories piled into that car. Not to mention a rather spirited debated about whose fault it was that there was no oil in it when it finally died :). It's amazing the amount of memory the mention of a mere object can bring up.
guys and guitars, salsa, tv, cookbook addiction...me too:)
I've started and stopped again. Which episode haven't you watched? And how did this happen?
Oh. LOL. Never mind.
I wish Blogger had a "like" button similar to Facebook. There are so many things I like about these comments. :)
*By the way, Sonya, I remember when I first read your blog, and read your hundred things list thinking "Why is this girl not my best friend?!", because we had so many things in common. And now I feel like I know you so much better! Love ya!
Right back at ya!
I WILL make it to Gimli someday. I will!
Shirley,
Ok I was laughing through most of your comments! So funny. Thanks for being so truthful about yourself.
We need to get together sometime!
Charlotte
Post a Comment