I heard on the news that yesterday was officially “Blue Monday”. According to someone, it was the saddest day of the year. As if Monday did not have a bad enough rap, now there is an official day. January 16th, the time when all the resolutions have all been broken and the Christmas bills are due. Top that off with bone chilling temperatures that appear to have no end in sight, and yes, maybe someone has a point.
Usually I am down for that sort of thing. I will take any excuse to curl up under my covers and hide from the world, writing it off as a hallmark inspired calendar event. How could I possibly clean my house today? It is Blue Monday! But this year, I think I will pass on embracing this particular holiday. I’m not feeling it this year. This year I am feeling something different.
HOPE.
I feel a lot of hope for this year. And it is not just me. I know others feel it too. In fact, it seems wherever I go lately I encounter those, that like me, believe God is really going to do something this year. I see it in expectant faces. I hear it in eager, confident voices. It is that sort of goose-bumpy anticipation. The kind you feel when you just know you are about to experience something good. Do you feel it too? I feel hope. Hope for good things. Hope for change. Hope for dreams. Hope that God is really going to do….something.
I love that feeling. It is like… wonderment. It is like sitting back waiting for fireworks; anticipating the curtains rising; looking with everyone else to see what God it going to do.
Let's face it, Blue Monday doesn’t stand a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment