Yesterday I looked out my back window and found a small patch of grass peeking through the endless snow. I thought to myself,
I wonder if this is what Noah felt like when the dove returned to the ark, olive leaf in tow? Did he feel a glimmer of hope that he didn’t quite want to believe? That is how I feel. Harv has assured me that Spring has now sprung, and that winter is on its way out. I am a little sceptical – but
OH HOW I HOPE. Dare I believe? Dare I say goodbye to
S.A.D. and to bleary, and to cold bitten cheeks and cooped up toddler fits? I NEED it to be true. I need spring to be here.
But just to remind myself that I do not have it all that bad, let me just say a big thank you to my beloved… for getting me through another winter without having to pick up a shovel, or scape a windshield. You are so good to me.
And now, on behalf of my itchy shutter finger, a little reminder of what is coming...





And my most favorite of all...
3 comments:
There's no grass showing here. Not even frickin' close. The snow bank by our driveway is still over my head. And you could sit on any park bench in Yorkton with your feet up without bringing along a footstool. GalldarnyousnowIwasdonetwomonthsagoMEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLT!
(That says melt at the end there.)
Well...if it makes you feel any better, it is a very tiny patch of grass. The size of an ... olive leaf.
Post a Comment